Our 2 and 4 paw declaws are performed using a High Frequency Electrosurgical Generator.
Studies show that cats that have been declawed using this technique recover more quickly and seem to experience less pain.
Our declaw fee includes the following:
- Preanesthetic blood work
- Sevoflurane gas anesthesia
- Electronic & manual anesthetic monitoring
- Post-operative pain management
- Hospitalization (overnight stay)
- Yesterday's News litter (5 lbs.)
- New patients/clients do require a short consultation with the doctor prior to scheduling surgery
Cats must be current on Rabies and FVRCP and be external parasite free. We should also know the cat's FIV & feline leukemia status at the time of surgery. The FIV/FeLV test and vaccines can be done the same day as surgery if necessary.
Cats must be at least 16 weeks in age.